Definitely words to live by, and we’ve taken them to heart. On Friday, February 21, 2014, we locked the front door of our stick and brick home for the last time and started our full-time RV journey.
We chose this lifestyle not to escape life, but so that life doesn’t escape us.
We have wanderlust to the extreme and hope you do too. If you are living vicariously through us, don’t hesitate to ask us questions. If you are on the fence about the lifestyle, feel free to poke and prod us.
We want to be transparent about our journey with you. Know that we’ll be sharing the good, the bad, AND the ugly. There is no topic we’re not willing to cover. Whatever you read here will be the actual experience. There is no sugar coating this journey.
We only ask that you actively participate with us by commenting, asking questions, giving us tips on destinations and the like.
The RV Wanderlust Crew
Here are the particulars about us as we begin our expedition:
- Husband to Brittany (see below)
- Retired 20-year military veteran of the United States Coast Guard – Chief Petty Officer
- Former Logistics Specialist (Logistics Section Chief for the USCG and Texas DPS Division of Emergency Management)
- Former Independent professional boxing promoter (site coordinator assistant)
- Entrepreneur, social media manager, online marketing consultant, blogger, public speaker
- Wife to Eric (see above)
- Voracious reader and writer (especially loves a good biography)
- University of Texas alum (major: Government, minors: History, Philosophy)
- Pianist and teacher of little pianists
- Former competitive debater and coach
- Entrepreneur, editor, online marketing consultant, content writer, SEO, blogger, social media manager
Caspian Theodore (aka #BabyNomad)
- Born to Eric and Brittany in December of 2016
- Capturer of hearts
- Drinker of milk
- Master of smiles
- Is a bit of a flirt
- Attended #SXSW at the age of 3 months (photo above)
Trogdor the Burninator (RIP)
Our beloved Bearded Dragon died of old age in 2016. He traveled with us fulltime for over 2 years. He was the best traveling companion ever. We miss him dearly and we’ve installed a red light inside Meriwether in his honor.
- Born March 31, 2015 (estimated)
- Rescue kitten we found at Lake Cumberland RV Park in Bronston, KY
- Ridiculously active feral kitten with the energy of 1000 burning suns
- Master of mischief
- She had a brother and a sister that were also rescued by another camper
- Tends to drive Brittany crazy from time to time, ok, most of the time.
- Built in 2004 by Tiffin Motorhomes
- Named after explorer Meriwether Lewis
- Home to Eric, Brittany and Caspian (see above)
- 40′ Tiffin Phaeton Diesel Pusher with 330HP Caterpillar Engine and 6-speed Allison Transmission, built on a Freightliner chassis
- 2 slides, sleeps 6, carpet and wood laminate floors, 2 AC units, massive basement storage
- Airbag suspension, ridiculously loud air horns (yes, that’s plural)
- Washer/dryer combo, 2 smart flat screen TVs, in-motion satellite, 3-burner range, 2-door fridge, ice maker, convection oven
- Has a secret hiding space inside. We won’t tell you where it is, but it’s pretty cool
- 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
- Named in honor of Eric’s service in the Coast Guard and as a tribute to all those who have served so that others might live
- Color is anvil, with international orange accents
- Sits on a 2.5″ Rock Krawler Lift, 35 series Mickey Thompson ATZP3 tires, JW Speaker LED headlights, RockHard 4×4 stubby front bumper, Cobra Electronics 75 CB, Firestik antenna and too many more upgrades to mention
- Used for what it is built for. We love to take Guardian off-road
Hopes and Dreams of the RV Wanderlust Crew
Mostly we hope to continue to enjoy life to its fullest, meet amazing people, tour the country and help folks out as much as we can along the way.
We are the RV Wanderlust Crew and we want to encourage you to ask questions, comment on articles.
~ Eric, Brittany and Caspian Theodore